Monday, February 23, 2009

A time in my life

When I consider the ways that God operates in my life, what he did for me, I want to praise him for his great mercy. I want to talk about one of the special moment in my life were I was very anxious. It was before I was nominated to receive a Fulbright scholarship. But God acted so miraculous in my favour. I think that is one of the great testimonies of God’s presence acting in my life. Previous to that let me start by giving a preview of how things were going for me before God acted in my favour. I am graduate student; in my undergraduate program I have studied Rural Engineering. I have worked for some Non Governmental Organizations during one and half year in different places around Haiti (North-west, South-east, and Artibonite). I was offered the possibility to work as an assisting teacher in State University of Haiti for the College of Agronomy and Veterinary Medicine. I worked there, but I was not satisfied with the Diploma. I wanted to have a Master in my field of study, but there was a problem. The institutions which offer Masters Degree in the field of study I was interested in are foreign universities. During two years I have applied in many scholarship programs in France, OAS, Japan, Belgium and Canada, but nothing seems work for me. Last year I had an admission at Gembloux University in Belgium, but I did not find the support for pay for the study. I felt so bad after this time that I wonder if I would be able continue. It was like, when you are in a hole, you try to get out, but everything you do seem complicated the situation, like things are getting worse. I desired to go abroad to study, to get a Master Degree, to be more competitive in the job market and serve my country. It was in May, a friend of mine encouraged me to apply for the Fulbright scholarship. I applied for the scholarship; however there were many steps before the nomination for the scholarship. The first step was the pre-selection for an English exam, and then the selection for an interview, and the last was the nomination. Believe it or not, I missed the day that I was scheduled for my interview, because there were some problems with our internet connection. Finally, when I read the mail on Friday, I tried to call the responsible and I sent an email to them. In this email I asked the responsible if I could come another day the embassy for the interview. But, I did not wait for a response, sooner on Monday morning I went to the Embassy for the interview. A few weeks later I receive an email from the responsible that told that I have nominated for the scholarship. Some people may not agree, but that is what God did for me, and He can do more than that in your life. It requires one thing belief in God’s power. So, I know that I do not have to worry about my future, because God is my future. He can do the same for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment