Monday, February 9, 2009

Misunderstand in my life

Communication has many forms of expression, for example gesture, writing, or speaking. Among those forms, speaking is the most common way to make one self understood. As far as I am concerned, I would like to tell you about a time in life there was a misunderstanding between a cashier and I in a restaurant. This fact was happened in Port-au-Prince city, Haiti, in “La Belle Marguerite”, a well-known restaurant. This restaurant prepares some delicious dishes, as we, Haitians, like them. People who are going to work early, for example some businessmen, professors, cashiers, or people who do not have enough time to cook, use the service of “la Marguerite”. One day, I had a meeting earlier in morning with a group of friends to discuss about a big project, I went to La Marguerite. It was 8:00 AM when my friend Ludger and I went into the restaurant, because I wanted to have breakfast. I usually go to this restaurant to have breakfast, or lunch when I am working downtown. Once inside the restaurant, I went to the cashier and I ordered a sandwich, some fruit, and a glass of milk, because I was in a hurry. I paid the cashier in a $100 bill, but I did not check my receipt to see the balance. This morning, particularly because I had to speed up, I asked the waitress, how long it will take to have my order, and then, she told me a couple of minutes. When my friend and I came in and had a seat, I looked my receipt this time, and I saw that I was charged twice for my breakfast. I went to the cashier in order to complain, and to know why I was charged twice for the breakfast. At this moment, he told me that he thought that I ordered two lunches, because of friend who was with me. When I talked to him to refund me the money, he told me he was not possible to have my money back, but if I wanted I can come another day to have breakfast. Can you imagine! For this morning, I had only $100 in my purse, but not only I needed to fill up my car with gasoline but also I needed to go to the mechanic to fix a problem. It was one of the awful days in my life. After this misunderstanding, each time I want to buy something I am more careful about the receipt and my change. Now, I know and I am trying to apply it in my whole life. I check my money, my books, and belongs, in other to avoid regretful those situations in my life. I encourage you, people, when you have to buy something in order to avoid misunderstanding between the seller and you to be vigilant, even though it is something you usually have to buy.

1 comment:

  1. I have had something like this happen to me recently!!! It's really very frustrating!

    ReplyDelete